Tuesday, 21 July 2009

Day 14 - 3rd July 2009 - Michigans Adventure, Muskegon, Michigan




This park was crap, went on one woody, which wasnt that great, the train before us had an 'incident' which we later found out was a small boy who had chosen for his nose to bleed all over the seat, the very seat we were due to sit in, as we panic about sitting in a contaminated seating area, we breathe a sigh of relief as some trained cleaners come in and wipe it down and send the carriage around on its own, thankfully there is another carriage that will be used.

Left early again and went round a mall, picked up a random book called 'I hope they serve beer in hell' by Tucker Max, and just one of those books I found myself laughing at so decided I had better get it, the guy behind the counter assures me that its 'AWESOME'.

Later meet Gary and Anne in a clothes shop, one of the assistants comes up to us and chats to us about coasters and cedar point which is our next destination, then onto yet another Walmart, Ledge had a huge pickle up with his travellers cheques, then later decided he wanted a white castle burger, he comes back with the smallest burger I have ever seen, Ledge is proud it only cost 88cents though.

Onto the sleep inn, nice hotel with a pool. I needed some chill time so i stayed in the room whilst Ledge went out for a huge meal with Gary and Ann, but luckily I had packed some emergency mini bagels so I was fine for food.

I decided to procure some information from the receptionist about any local bars she assures me that I need to go to ann arbor as thats where all the kids are hanging out from the colleges and this is where 'all the action is', I say Im not driving, so she points me in the direction of the town.

Later Ledge and I walk into the town find a local sports bar which is good, but there is only 2 women dancing crazily. Then onto another bar, as I side up to order the barmaid asks what I am doing in 'her bar' after I explain about the coaster tour she is much less confused and states that I would be better off ordering a pitcher of beer instead of 2 glasses.

We sit down and a few minutes later a middle aged woman comes up to us and she turns to me and says 'I've got a message for you from the barlady, she told me to tell you that she thinks your really cute'.

I am a bit taken aback by this response so just utter a 'oh right, err thanks', we then get into a conversation about coasters again and how we are going to Cedar Point the next day, and how she loves it.


The barmaid comes over a bit later and plonks another large pitcher of beer down and says that a guy left a load of money at the bar and he was buying drinks for everyone, free beer! cannot complain.

I get into a discussion with the barmaid about what I do in England, I leave her my Mr Glass Productions card and say if she wants to check the website then to do so. we forget to leave a tip. She reminds me again that she thinks I am a 'cute man' and to call in again if we are ever passing this way, and Ledge and I go on our way. video

video

1 comment:

  1. ho ho i laffed so hard at this sentence... "Ledge had a huge pickle up with his travellers cheques, then later decided he wanted a white castle burger, he comes back with the smallest burger I have ever seen, Ledge is proud it only cost 88cents though." Imagine the ledge with a thumb sized burg

    ReplyDelete